Promoting equality and anti-discriminatory practice are now seen as paramount within good care practice. Valuing diversity and individuality are seen as core care values and this is reflected in practice when promoting equality.
- Human Rights Act 1998
- National Health Service & Community Care Act 1990
- Regulation of Care (Scotland) Act 2001
- Community Care & Health (Scotland) Act 2002
- Public Services Reform (Scotland) Act 2010
- The Public Bodies (Joint Working)(Scotland) Act 2014
- Social Work (Scotland) Act 1968
- Carers (Recognition and Services) Act 1995
Note: changes are currently being made to the Act – make sure to you are familiar with these.
- Children’s Act 1995
- Adults with Incapacity (Scotland) Act 2000
- Mental Health (Care & Treatment) (Scotland) Act 2003
- Adult Support and Protection (Scotland) Act 2007
- Protection of Vulnerable Groups Act (Scotland) 2007
- Patient Rights (Scotland) Act 2011