Task: Habitat Classification
- On your task sheet you will find details of two species lists.
- Your task is to compare the species lists with the habitat classification information as you progress through the unit and decide which of the habitats each species list matches.
- Some of the terms you come across as you read through the unit will be new to you. Also contained on the task sheet is a list of words for which you should find out the meaning.
- This can be done as you come across them in the text or you could do them before you start.
- Your tutor will advise you what to do with your completed sheet at the end of the unit.
Advice Note: In practice it can sometimes be difficult to differentiate between habitats when they merge together in complex mosaics.