Task: Field Visit
You are required to read the best practice guide Habitat Impact Assessment: Principles in Practice before undertaking this task.
- Make access arrangements and undertake a field visit to identify one of the habitats you learned about earlier in this unit.
- Identify the indicator plant species to confirm it is the correct habitat.
- Carry out impact assessment for three plots following the best practice guide (e.g. blanket bog) for that habitat.
- Record the results in a data sheet which you can find in the best practice forms list.
- Make a note of any areas which may be sensitive to impacts and log them in your task sheet
- Present the results to your tutor.
- Watch the following video which highlights the importance of safe working