For longer trips away, the same essentials stated in the previous page are required plus:
- Additional feed, supplements and forage
- Additional rugs depending on time of year
- Additional clean tail guards or bandages
- Extra numnahs/saddle cloths etc.
- Lungeing equipment
- Tack cleaning kit
- Spare set of horse shoes
- Trimmer for whiskers and stray hairs
- Horse washing supplies
Horse wash by the3cats from Pixabay, CC0
General supplies for stabling
- Bailing twine
- Duct tape
- Stall guards
- Cable ties
- Hooks for hanging bridles
- Saddle racks
- Manure fork
- Wheelbarrow or muck tubs
Click on the horse to reveal what additional items are required for washing the horse on longer trips.
All efforts have been made to ensure materials created by the EDU comply with current accessibility guidelines (JISC: Support for learners with disabilities).
If further assistance is required with accessibility matters please contact the student support section in your academic partner UHI: Accessing learner support.
We welcome any comments on how to improve this unit. Please feel free to pass these on at any time.
If you have any difficulty viewing this resource please contact EDU (firstname.lastname@example.org) with:
- the name of the resource;
- a description of the problem (please give as much detail as possible);
- the section of the resource where the problem occurred;
- your internet browser (you can check your browser version at: http://detectmybrowser.com/).
UHI provides links to external sources of information and may refer to specific Web sites, products, processes or services within this resource. Such references are examples and are not endorsements and whilst every effort is taken to ensure the accuracy of information provided UHI is not responsible for any of the content or guidance. You are advised to exercise caution.
Download a copy of this resource in PDF format.
You can also print individual pages by printing directly from the browser.